Making your stay part of the solution...
We, at Carlton George Hotel care about our community, our guests and our planet. We understand the need to protect our natural environment and limit the day-to-day impact of our actions. We aim to follow and champion good sustainability practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of our activities and to give something back to our community and the environment by:
- Complying with all relevant environmental regulations and legislation.
- Reducing our consumption of resources including energy, water, and other raw materials, and improving the efficient use of the any resources we do consume.
- Ensuring the environmental, social, and ethical impacts of the goods and services we buy are considered.
- Working with our suppliers to reduce the impact of our supply chain and to encourage them to develop environmental best practice.
- Committing to use local producers for food and drinks where possible.
- Managing waste generated from our business and actively seeking waste minimisation, re-use, recovery, and recycling opportunities in accordance with the waste hierarchy.
- Regularly reviewing the impact of our business activities on the environment, local community, and wider society.
- Measuring and taking action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions associated with our business activities.
- Supporting social and environmental projects and initiatives within our community or in wider society.
The Carlton George Hotel environmental commitment:
- We identify and implement eco-friendly policies through the formation of Carlton George Green Team.
- We will work with our supplier partners to reduce their packaging and transport to our hotels.
- We will purchase fair trade tea and coffee and ethically sourced produce.
- We will monitor utility consumption levels on a monthly basis and aim to reduce consumption at every opportunity.
- We will endeavour to purchase recycled goods whenever appropriate.
- We will endeavour to use eco-friendly chemicals throughout the hotel.
Reviewed: September 2023
This policy will be reviewed regularly to evaluate its continued relevance and to monitor our progress.